The National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) is pleased to announce the 2014 Annual Meeting Awards of Distinction in Programs and Awards of Excellence.
The Awards of Distinction recognize chapters with outstanding programs in health education, outreach, communications, and collaboration. Each chapter receiving an award will be given a $1,000 incentive to enhance their program. All programs must be chapter based.
The Awards of Excellence recognize remarkable and distinguished individuals in the bleeding disorders community. All Awards of Excellent winners will be filmed by nominators. The short films (2-3 minutes) will be presented at the Awards Ceremony, Saturday, September 20, 2014. NHF staff will provide guidance and help with the filming.
Included in the Awards of Excellence are the NHF Chapter Recognition Awards. Every chapter is invited to nominate an extraordinary volunteer within their organization. This volunteer will automatically be recognized at the Annual Meeting ceremony, regardless of the selection process.
Please register and/or sign-in to submit your nomination in the award categories listed below. Please also adhere to the procedures and guidelines.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, May 19, 2014
Award of Distinction in Programs:
- Health Education
- Tami Wood-Lively Collaboration
Award of Excellence
- Genetic Counselor of the Year
- Physician of the Year
- Researcher of the Year
- Advocate of the Year
- Nurse of the Year
- Physical Therapist of the Year
- Social Worker of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Humanitarian of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Meritorious Service in Honor of Ryan White
- Meritorious Service in Honor of Loras Goedken
- Chapter Recognition
PROCEDURES & GUIDELINES
- Who can nominate?
Nominations will be accepted from NHF chapters, volunteers, community members and HTC staff. Former and current NHF staff are ineligible to submit nominations.
- Who is eligible to receive an award?
Any individual who meets the requirements is eligible to receive an award. Current NHF Board members, NHF staff and paid consultants are ineligible to receive an award.
- What do I need to submit a Nomination for an Award of Excellence?
- Photo of the Nominee
- 2 or more Recommendation Letters
- What do I need to submit a Nomination for an Award of Distinction?
- An Abstract (narrative description of the program you are nominating including dates of program, target population, main objective, and collaborative strategies with local organizations and/or HTC. Limit of two pages.)
- Attach any Accompanying Documents (supporting program materials such as: evaluations, agendas, articles, and if applicable, two consecutive issues of newsletter or images of video clips)
- NHF Chapter Recognition Award
Every chapter is invited to nominate an extraordinary volunteer within their organization. This volunteer will automatically be recognized at the Annual Meeting ceremony, regardless of the selection process.
- Programs that received an Award of Distinction within the last 5 years are not eligible for this year's program.